Chalkline, Inc. is seeking a talented, well-spoken, and motivated individual to help us continue our growth in delivering superior software applications and services to the Architectural, Engineering, and Construction (AEC) market. Chalkline delivers high value solutions to customers across the globe. Our small company enables top talent the opportunity to get involved in multiple aspects of the business with career advancement opportunities across organizations as we grow. Our customers choose our products and services as it helps their business deliver better products while saving time and money. Customer testimonials are abundant due to the diligence of the Chalkline team in delivering easy to use and value driven solutions and services.
Sales Engineer Job Responsibilities:
- Serves customers by listening to and identifying their needs and communicating solutions using our products and services.
- Identifies current and future product and customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and current customers.
- Provides product and service information by answering questions, demonstrating our products, and delivering training services.
- Establishes new accounts by identifying potential customers, planning the sales process, and organized scheduling and follow through of tasks.
- Prepares cost proposals consulting with Chalkline sales management.
- Suggests improvements by analyzing sales, technical, and marketing processes and tools.
- Communicates timely and effectively both within Chalkline as well as externally with prospects and customers.
- Develops and delivers training and technical support tools to customers and prospects optimizing their use and implementation.
- Prepares sales forecasts and technical support reports.
- Tracks prospects and customer engagements and inquiries using Chalkline CRM and other business tools.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed, recommending options and courses of action, and implementing directives.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related duties as needed.
- Travel to Industry Trade Shows and for Presentations or Training Services as needed (expected 2-5 times per year).
Sales Engineer Qualifications:
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- High quality presentation of product benefits and functionality skills.
- Superior negotiating skills to ensure customer’s product enhancement requests are addressed while maintaining/balancing business situations and development trade-offs are considered.
- Well-developed logical thinking, reasoning, problem-solving and time management skills.
Education and Experience:
- Associate or bachelor degree with a degree in computer science, engineering or architecture preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 2 to 5 years of industry sales experience preferred.
- Familiarity with modern, online sales and service desks systems is desirable.
- Our products integrate with Microsoft Word thus advanced expertise is a plus.
- Familiarity with the AEC market is a plus.