Chalkline, Inc. is a Portland, ME based company that provides document management solutions to architects and building engineers worldwide. Its VisiSpecs product line connects users of Microsoft Office and Autodesk’s Building Information Modeling programs utilizing Microsoft’s Azure platform to store and maintain user data. We are looking for an experienced .NET software engineer to join our development team. You will be responsible for continued development of our core integration applications and Web Services.
The ideal candidate will have experience developing applications with Microsoft’s Office technologies as well as Microsoft’s Azure platform technologies. Experience developing applications for Autodesk’s building information modeling applications is a plus.
- Design, develop, and maintain applications using a wide range of Microsoft technologies including C#, .NET, MVC, WebApi. Azure SQL Databases, and Azure Web Services.
- Design and implement new features and fix issues that are discovered in the existing code base.
- Manage desktop deployment solutions to customers sites and the companies Web Services platforms.
- Research, evaluate, and if appropriate, implement new technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field, or equivalent combination of education and recent, relevant work experience.
- 3-5 years of development experience working with the Microsoft .NET technology stack and RESTful web services.
- Preferred experiences developing applications with MS Office technologies and VSTO.
- Additional experience developing RESTful web services with MVC – Webapi is a plus.
- Experience developing applications with and administration of SQL databases.
- Experience configuring and managing SQL databases and Web Services on Microsoft’s Azure platform is highly desirable.
- Ability to research complex technological problems and formulate recommendations for resolution.
- Excellent communication, documentation, and customer service skills.
- Experience in software build and deployment technologies like WIX, InstallShield and ClickOnce is a plus.