I am having trouble logging in.
- Are other users at your company able to log in?
- Can you log in using another PC?
If it seems to be your PC, reboot to clean up any Word or Windows updates, and then log in.
- Ask your company’s VisiSpecs administrator to check that your account is confirmed and active.
If you still have issues, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your username, a snapshot of the error message, and whether it is VisiWord or VisiRevit that you are attempting to log in to.
The VisiSpecs Cloud Server is down for maintenance or an issue. How can I edit my specs in the meantime?
Microsoft Azure servers have uptime guaranteed of 99.99%, however, there may be a time when the server is down, or your company’s network is down or preventing login and you need access to project documents. VisiWord saves project documents in your Project Export Folder (Project Settings > Open the Project Export Path and there is a subfolder called Backups). If you edit these backup files directly in Word, you will need to import them into your VisiSpecs project and replace the older project tree docs.
To check Microsoft Azure Server Status, visit: https://azure.status.microsoft/en-us/status
If the server is down due to a Microsoft issue, then this link can be checked by users for the issue.
I did not receive my user account confirmation or password request email.
These time-sensitive emails are sent immediately. The email can get caught in either your local junk email filter or your company-wide filter.
If you do not find the email, contact your company’s VisiSpecs Administrator(s) who can do the following:
- Add your user account to the VisiSpecs Corporate Account
- Confirm your user account (instead of you doing so in the email sent)
- Reset your password
Please contact your IT department and request emails from @chalklineinc.com be added to their approved sender list.
The VisiSpecs Word Add-in disappeared from my Word ribbon menu.
I cannot see the insert document or keynoting dialog after clicking to open the dialog.
Changing the configuration of your displayed monitors or removing a monitor can cause the remembered location of a window or dialog to be off-screen. To move it back, right-click on the Word icon in the tray and then right-click on the dialog and select Move. Then continue to click your left arrow keyboard button until you see the dialog and can reposition it as you’d like.
One of our users has an issue. What are the general troubleshooting steps?
- Are other users able to reproduce the same issue?
- If you log in using another PC, do you see the same issue?
- Does it happen on all project documents (or projects) or just the one you are working on?
- Have you closed Word, verified there are no dead processes that need to be killed using the Task Manager, and then reopened to resolve the issue?
- Review the Known Issues area of the Administration > About > Version Log to see if there is a workaround available.
- If you have had a recent Word or Windows update, a reboot is sometimes needed to complete the installation and reset Word Add-ins.
- If you are importing documents and have an issue, open the original document before import to make sure there is no acknowledgment that needs to be clicked, then import again.
- If further assistance is needed, email the document in question, the DGT if it is part of the issue, a snapshot of the issue/project settings dialog/error message/etc. to email@example.com.
Additional FAQs can be found on the VisiSpecs Ribbon Menu > Tutorials page. For a more complete list of troubleshooting steps, click the VisiSpecs Ribbon Menu > Help selection. The end of the VisiSpecs User Guide is a great resource for troubleshooting a variety of issues.