Microsoft Windows and Word updates can clear the local user’s cache and may remove Add-ins from the ribbon menus.
To enable the disabled VisiWord add-in do one of the following in Word:
- File > Options > Add-ins > Manage COM Add-ins > Click Go… and then select the VisiWord addin.
- Check the box next to VisiWord to enable and click OK (do not click Add).
- If you do not see VisiWord, close this dialog and Go to File > Options > Add-ins > (use drop down list in Manage: COM Add-ins to go to Disabled Items) and click Go…
- Check the box to enable VisiWord and click the Enable button.
- Close and reopen Word to ensure VisiSpecs tab and ribbon menu are enabled.
If that does not resolve the issue, email [email protected] a snapshot of the disabled VisiWord Addin selected so that we may see the Load Behavior status. An uninstall and reinstall of VisiWord should also resolve this issue.